Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maya's pink and grey sweater

I finished the dress for Maya the other day (previous post) and decided I would make her a matching sweater. Mostly because I found this pattern I wanted to try and who doesn't need a sweater!?

So the pattern is called - Bombay Love and it's found on Ravelry for free here.

I made it with Bernat Satin and Patons Silk Bamboo yarn. The only problem with this combination is that it doesn't have the same care instructions.. so it'll have to be washed by hand and laid flat to dry instead of machine washed!

It's SOOO cute. I still have to make a tie, which I will make from this pattern. I didn't really like the tie that the Bombay Love had for the type of sweater I wanted for Maya. I was looking for something more 'formal' and this new one fit the bill!

I will finish the tie and post the photos soon!

***

Here are the photos! I still have to make the tie.. but am deciding if I actually DO want to make it.



2 comments:

alicia said...

I love it! So cute.

andrée.lise said...

Thanks Alicia! You're given credit because of the oh-so cute pattern!